The Motobilt Jeep LJ competition cut corner armor is designed for serious off roading. They provide complete protection from your door to your tail gate keeping your Jeep's body safe no matter the terrain. These corners were engineered utilizing the latest in technology. First they are modeled in the most advanced software to ensure the best possible fit. Next, an in house Motobilt CNC laser cuts the 3/16 inch thick high strength steel plate. Finally using specially made tooling they are cnc formed to precise tolerances.
These process in design and fabrication allows for a great fit on your Jeep LJ. Every aspect of production from design, fabrication, to shipping is all done in house at Motobilt. This allows us to ensure the best in American made quality. The competition cut allows you to run much larger tires and gives room to stretch your wheel base. These corners are perfect with our Jeep LJ back half kit. You can really move the rear axle back to get the wheel base you need and provide a great departure angle for those really big rocks!
When installing these corner guards you will need to cut much of the factory sheet metal away including the boxed in portion on the interior of your stock corners. Usually this requires the factory body mount to be removed also. A good way to reinforce this area is to tie the roll cage into the rear section of the frame. All of the mounting locations are countersunk to keep the side of your Jeep clean and slick. Flush mount hardware is included. Most of the hardware uses a through hole with a nyloc nut on the back side. There are a few locations where the back side can not be accessed so a nut sert is provided and will be used in these locations.
- Jeep LJ competition cut corners
- CNC laser cuts the 3/16 inch thick high strength steel plate
- 4.5 inch hole laser cut in back for a flush mount led taillight
- Hardware included
- Sold as pair
- These corners are designed to work with the Motobilt rocker guards MB1062 and MB1062-S. They work perfectly together to keep your Jeep's body completely protected
- Ships raw steel, paint or powdercoat needed before use
- Please test fit all of your Motobilt products before you paint them