Factor 55 introduces a new line of Aluminum Hawse Fairleads for the Powersports UTV/ATV market. Our new fairlead is offered in the common 4.875 inch mounting bolt spacing for Powersport UTV/ATV winches.
- XTV Hawse Fairlead by Factor 55
- Powersports UTV/ATV Fairlead 4.875 Inch
- This 4.875 inch fairlead is CNC machined from 1 inch thick USA 6000 series aluminum bar. The industry standard fairlead thickness is .50 inches thick.
- The thicker aluminum bar results in a larger outer fillet radius for the synthetic rope to slide against. This results in less stress on the rope fibers during high angular pulls, increasing the life of your synthetic rope
- These fairleads come in a durable MIL-A-8625F TYPE III gun metal gray hard anodized finish with a laser engraved logo
What is the best surface finish for Hawse aluminum fairleads? Without a doubt it is a Type III hard anodized coating. Not cosmetic Type II anodized finishes, not powder coated, and not raw or polished aluminum. Why? Because a hard coating can resist the abrasion damage from a dirty/gritty synthetic winch rope rubbing across it. Especially during extreme side pulls where rope fiber stresses are extremely high. A Mil-A-8625 Type III hard anodized finish leaves a .002 inch thick Al2O3 ceramic coating that is in the top 5 hardest materials known to mankind. Not too far away from diamond hardness actually. Another valuable material property from hard anodized coatings are the low coefficients of friction. Low friction equals lower rope heat. Only drawback? Hard anodizing is not offered in typical bright and fancy anodized colors. All Factor 55 fairleads only come in Mil-A-8625 hard gray finishes. Not fancy, but it is the proper finish to extend the life of your synthetic rope.
- Overall Dimension of the 4.875 inch: 6.25 inches x 1.95 inches
- For synthetic winch rope only
- Note: Fairleads Do NOT come with mounting hardware
- The reason for this is depending on your vehicle, bumper, and fairlead mounting thicknesses the shank length of the bolts may need to be longer or shorter to prevent the bolts from contacting the body of your winch. In most cases the mounting bolts that are supplied by your winch manufacturer are adequate in strength and length.
- Made In The USA
- Sold As Each